Time: 12:00pm – 2:00pm
Programme Title…THE TOUCHLINE (Tag Line: Field & Track jewels)
Format…TV Sports Magazine Show
Target audience…15 – 35 years old
Language…English and Kiswahili
Kenya is a great sporting nation with numerous international accolades. Her prominence on the international arena especially on the track has seen her compete against sporting giants, with a landmark win at the 2015 IAAF World Championships in Beijing, where she was ranked at number one with 7 gold medals.
In an effort to celebrate sports, entertain and educate the youth in Kenya and beyond the borders, The Touchline was born – this is a television sports magazine show set in the studio and on location that objectively casts an eye on the sports scene.
The Touchline concentrates on both the Kenyan sports calendar and the international one with the main focus being on how they impact the Kenyan youth.
OBJECTIVE OF THE PROGRAMME
1. To celebrate Kenyan athletes by profiling their journey in sports.
2. Educate aspiring athletes and the public on the potentials that lies in sports.
3. Showcase various projects set up by sports figures or institutions aimed at nurturing talent.
4. Provide a holistic entertainment to the audience.
1. Robert Osoro – Presenter
2. Maxwell Wasike – Presenter
3. Josephat Emeje – Producer / Director
4. Emmanuel Ndavula – Assistant Producer / Director
5. Amos Ongweri – Assistant Producer / Director
6. Francis Mutoka – Reporter
7. Fadhili Athumani – Reporter
8. Brian Kimani – Reporter
SMS to 22162 start with the word ‘Touch’